Piper edges BLHS soccer in 2OT
Piper escaped Basehor-Linwood with a 2-1 boys soccer victory in double-overtime Monday.
Piper took a 1-0 lead on a first-half goal by Joey Davis, and the Pirates remained in control until late in the second half when Basehor-Linwood scored the equalizer.
Steven Coy’s goal with eight minutes left in regulation forged a 1-1 tie.
After a scoreless first overtime period, Piper notched the game-winner in the second overtime on a breakaway goal by Jeremy Wilson.
“We played much better in overtime, but Piper’s goalie had two great saves,” BLHS coach Austin Knipp said.
In general, Knipp said his team is capable of playing much better soccer. The Bobcats started slowly in the first half, and got a little bit better in the second half, but never played at the level Knipp believes they are capable of.
The Bobcats next play at 6 p.m. Wednesday at home against Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Health officials confirm tuberculosis case in Olathe
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- State testing bird flocks in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Chronic wasting disease spreads to 6 more Kansas counties
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties