BLHS baseball drops sixth straight
The Basehor-Linwood baseball team lost its sixth-straight in a pair of losses at Piper on Monday.
In the first game, Piper unloaded seven runs in the first inning and went on to win 12-2. Tyler Ogden hit a double for the Bobcats (1-8) and both batted in and scored a run in the game. Zac Hevel also had an RBI, and Joe Merrino scored the team’s other run. Tanner Garver and Skylar Barnes each saw time on the mound, giving up a combined four earned runs.
In the second game, Garver scored in the fifth to tie Piper, 1-1, but the Pirates broke open the game in the bottom half of the inning with four runs that would be the difference in the game.
Basehor-Linwood hosts Sumner Academy at 4 p.m. on Thursday and travels to Bishop Ward at 5:30 p.m. on Monday.
More like this story
- BLHS baseball crushes Sumner
- BLHS, BSHS baseball teams' focus turns to regionals after splitting regular season finale
- Pitching solid, offense lacking as BLHS baseball falls to Piper
- Bishop Ward prevents Basehor-Linwood baseball from building momentum
- Bobcat baseball builds on BFMBC performance with four more wins