Murphy twins commit to play basketball at Emporia State University
Own a piece of history
Get your copy of the commemorative issue of The Basehor Sentinel that covered the Bobcats' state championship victory.
The twins on Friday committed to play basketball at Emporia State University, Ryan announced on Twitter.
The announcement comes one week after Colin Murphy played in the Hy-Vee/Pepsi All-Star Game. Basehor-Linwood basketball coach Mike McBride said the Ryan Murphy would also play in an all-star game over the summer.
The two-sport athletes were a part of the 2009 state championship team as freshmen, but it wasn't until this year when they had the opportunity to lead a championship run of their own.
In the 2011-12 season, Colin Murphy averaged 18.7 points per game, and Ryan Murphy averaged 16.7 points per game en route to receiving a host of statewide honors.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club