Marble Day events set May 5
The sixth annual “Marble Day” celebration will take place 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 5, in the downtown area of Bonner Springs.
The family event will include contests, prizes, performers and several free activities. The marble tournament is open to ages 13 and under. The competition for marble related art and inventions is open to all age levels. Prizes will be awarded.
Marble Day begins with a “Wacky Parade,” and attendees are invited to dress silly, decorate bikes, wagons etc and join in the fun. Pets with special talents may enter in the stupid pets trick contest. Other activities include sack races, a cake walk, straw tunnel and numerous games.
In the annual “Running of the Pinkies,” 5,000 pink balls will be dumped at the top of Oak Street to bounce and roll their way past a series of obstacles to the finish line. The balls are numbered, and there are prizes for the winning balls. Pinky “sponsorships” are available on site the day of the event or from local businesses in the prior weeks. A portion of the proceeds is donated to Bonner Springs High School music department.
For more information on Marble Day, visit marbleday.com.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- Organization Orientation: Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues