Tonganoxie hires city administrator
Tonganoxie’s new city administrator will be on the job in about two weeks.
On Monday, city council members unanimously approved hiring Nathan McCommon as the new city administrator. McCommon comes to Tonganoxie from Kansas City, Mo., where he was a senior analyst in the city manager’s office.
A 1986 graduate of Jefferson West High School in Meriden, McCommon, 44, holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish literature and a master’s degree in public administration from Kansas University. He has previous municipal experience in Sedgwick County and Topeka, as well as Kissimmee, Fla.
Council members said McCommon was their top choice from nearly 40 applicants during a four-month search. McCommon, who will start May 14, replaces Mike Yanez, whose contract the council chose not to renew for 2012.
Tonganoxie Mayor Jason Ward said Tuesday McCommon's annual salary would be $73,500 plus benefits.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs business owner Val Barth
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut