BSHS, BLHS baseball teams face tough slate
For a pair of reeling baseball teams, the path to resurgence is not getting any easier.
Each sitting at 2-10, Basehor-Linwood and Bonner Springs will compete in the annual Butch Foster Memorial Classic at CommunityAmerica Ballpark in Kansas City, Kan., this week.
After a doubleheader at Mill Valley on Friday in which they were outscored 34-2, the Braves will meet the defending 4A state champions, St. James Academy (8-3), at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Basehor-Linwood was shelled by Bishop Ward in its last time up, conceding nine runs in the first inning en route to a 19-1 home loss. On Thursday, the Bobcats will meet Paola in the first round of the Butch Foster Memorial Classic, a team that carried a 9-2 record into its Tuesday game at Baldwin.
In Friday’s loss, Tanner Garver scored the Bobcats’ lone run and Zac Hevel went 2-for-2 at the plate. Joe Merrino also recorded a hit.
More like this story
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Bonner boutique combines shopping with day at the salon
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Brownback urges schools to move more money into classrooms