Basehor dance troupe finishes first at KC competition
The Sarah’s Studio of Dance Performing Troupe of Basehor earned a first-place team finish at the Showstopper regional dance competition in Kansas City, Mo., last month.
The troupe placed first overall in the performance level for ages 9 through 11 at the competition, which took place on the final weekend of March at the KCI Expo Center. Several members competed in solo routines, and the studio’s Junior Performing Troupe competed as well.
Troupe members who received a first-place finish in at least one event were: Laney Alexander, Molly Blankenship, Avery Craig, Delaney Farris, Mallory Folsom, Jessica Fortunato, Tori Gilliland, Stella Harrington, Abbi Hefton, Emma Hess, Maddie Horton, Audrey Keltner, Aubree Knetter, Kaylee Kuttler, Kinsey Kuttler, Sarah Matthews, Mackenzie Meharry, Audrey Menzies, Jaedyn Roberts, Kayla Rosche and Kenna Rosche.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Bonner animal group says city's sluggish response was costly
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Birthday brings awareness of technological, societal progress