Metrowide teen driving program set this weekend in Bonner Springs
The Bridgestone Teens Drive Smart Driving Experience will offer a free, half-day program to teach teen drivers safe driving skills Aug. 11-12 at the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater in Bonner Springs.
The program is designed to equip drivers ages 15-21 with the skills to handle the challenges of today's roadways. Each session combines classroom instruction with hands-on driving exercises to teach defensive driving skills and reinforce smart decision-making on the road.
Participants can choose from four half-day sessions starting at 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. each day at the amphitheater, 633 North 130th St.
Participating teenagers must be between the ages of 15-21 and have a valid driver's license or learner's permit. Attendees need to have at least 30 hours of driving experience. To register, visit teensdrivesmart.com and click on “Driving Experience.”
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas Senate approves plan to control mental health drugs
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall