‘Black and Orange’ jamboree, ‘Meet the Bobcats’ to kick off football seasons for Bonner Springs, Basehor-Linwood
Meet the Bobcats on Thursday
Meet the Bobcats, the annual kickoff for the Basehor-Linwood football season, will take place at 7 p.m. Thursday at Basehor-Linwood High School.
The first annual Black and Orange Football Jamboree will usher in football season at Bonner Springs High School on Friday, with teams from second grade on up to varsity high school scrimmaging under the lights at David Jaynes Stadium.
Gates open at 5:30 p.m. with the first 450 people receiving vendor coupons from Sonic, Twisters and/or Chick-fil-a. A $3 entry fee will go to the Bonner Springs Football and Youth Football programs. The fee will also enter spectators into a drawing for Bonner Springs game jerseys and helmets. Concessions will be available during the event, and Bonner Springs High School and Bonner Springs Middle School football apparel will be sold.
The jamboree will begin at 6 p.m. with a scrimmage between second- and third-grade players, and will continue until about 9:15 p.m.
The full schedule is as follows:
• 5:30 p.m. — Gates open
• 6 p.m. to 6:25 p.m. — Second-grade vs. third-grade scrimmage
• 6:25 p.m. to 6:50 p.m. — Fourth-grade vs. fifth-grade scrimmage
• 6:50 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. — Sixth-grade scrimmage
• 7:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. — Seventh-grade scrimmage
• 7:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. — Eighth-grade vs. ninth-grade scrimmage
• 8:15 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. — Varsity scrimmage
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes