Basehor museum presentation to look at farming history
The Basehor Historical Museum Society will play host to a presentation on the history of food production in Kansas this weekend.
Joyce Thierer, an assistant professor of history at Emporia State University, will present “Our Food, Our Land” at 1 p.m. Saturday. Thierer’s presentation will discuss how the state has shifted from low-tech farming to modern corporate agriculture, and how that change affects the state’s residents.
The presentation is provided by the Kansas Humanities Council and sponsored by American Family Insurance of Basehor.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises