Basehor museum presentation to look at farming history
The Basehor Historical Museum Society will play host to a presentation on the history of food production in Kansas this weekend.
Joyce Thierer, an assistant professor of history at Emporia State University, will present “Our Food, Our Land” at 1 p.m. Saturday. Thierer’s presentation will discuss how the state has shifted from low-tech farming to modern corporate agriculture, and how that change affects the state’s residents.
The presentation is provided by the Kansas Humanities Council and sponsored by American Family Insurance of Basehor.
More like this story
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas officials await word on this month's tax collections
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants