Bobcats boys soccer falls 5-1 at Miege, hosts Tonganoxie Thursday
Two games into the season and Trey Kincheloe already has four goals to his name.
On Monday, however, Kincheloe's latest score, a first-half penalty kick, wasn't enough to overcome 5A No. 3 Bishop Miege on the road.
Kincheloe, who recorded a hat trick in the Bobcats' season-opening 6-0 victory at Maranatha Christian Academy on Friday, provided the team's lone goal in its second-straight away match.
Coach Austin Knipp said the Bobcats' opponents performed as advertised.
"(Miege) moved well off the ball and passed well, which took us out of our rhythm and put us on our defensive heels for most of the game," Knipp said. "I thought we stayed composed in the face of adversity and we fought the full 80 minutes against a great Miege team."
The Bobcats host Tonganoxie at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday in the season's home opener.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood track teams shine in Baldwin
- Kansas: No court order needed for same-sex birth certificate
- Young Royals fan who fought cancer has died
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death