Google Fiber informational meeting tonight at KCKCC
Google Fiber's plans for installation in Kansas City, Kan., will be outlined at an open meeting at Kansas City Kansas Community College Thursday, Aug. 30.
Open to all interested persons, the meeting will begin at 6 p.m. in the Performing Arts Center on the KCKCC campus, 7250 State Ave.
In addition to providing information on all the services that will be available, Google officials will outline procedures for pre-registration for Google Fiber.
In order to obtain Google Fiber, each designated community area or school district called “Fiberhood” must have a minimum number of persons registered. For example, KCKCC needs 10 percent of the population living in its “Fiberhood” to receive free Google Fiber installation.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer