VFW announces award winners
Basehor VFW Post No. 11499 has announced its local winners of several annual contests and awards.
The National Citizenship Teacher Education Award, which recognizes an educator for teaching citizenship to students, was awarded to Larry Booth of Basehor-Linwood Middle School.
Angelina L. Harrison won the post’s Voice of Democracy contest for high school students, for which the national winner receives a $30,000 scholarship.
The VFW announced 11 winners for Patriot’s Pen, which is for middle school students. Winners are:
Sixth grade: Hanna Day, Enriques Crutchfield, Kinsey Kuttler and Joseph Phillips
Seventh grade: Julia Suarez
Eighth grade: Jia Bondoc, Noah Lopez, Michael McEvoy, Peyton Myers, Derek Pascascio and Blaze Taylor.
The entries will now move on to district judging.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets