BSHS girls tripped up against Piper in tournament final
The Bonner Springs girls basketball team couldn’t overcome a 13-point halftime deficit, eventually losing to Piper, 51-40, on Thursday in the championship game of the Cardinal Invitational in Eudora.
The Braves (2-1) shot just 22 percent from the field against the Pirates, going 11 for 52. “Early foul trouble took us out of what we wanted to do for the night and it was an uphill battle the rest of the way,” Coach Clay Oakes said.
Anna Deegan and Kaleigh Taylor led the Braves with 11 points apiece, and Taylor added five rebounds.
Haley Hoffine scored nine points with three assists and Kennedy Bizzell added six points with three rebounds. Julianne Jackson scored three points with eight rebounds.
Piper led 29-16 at halftime before the Braves cut the deficit to four in the third quarter.
Bonner Springs returns to action on Tuesday against Basehor-Linwood.
More like this story
- BSHS girls basketball team notches impressive opening win of its own
- Johnson scores 20 points in BLHS girls' 59-45 loss to Bonner Springs
- 13-0 Bonner Springs girls find fourth-quarter fortune
- Taking a look back: BSHS winter teams bid farewell to decorated seniors
- Taking turns at tourneys: Braves boys, girls advance to finals