Benefit concert to help Jarbalo church
A benefit concert for Jarbalo United Methodist Church will take place later this month.
Former resident Jess Barnett, whose mother, Thamar Barnett, still is a member of the church, will lead a holiday/Christmas concert to raise support for the church.
The concert, called “A Joyful Noise,” will be 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, at the church, 23580 211th St. in Jarbalo
Admission is a donation to the church. Jess Barnett said the program would consist partly of holiday-themed music and the other portion religious-themed Christmas music.
A nurse in Raytown, Mo., Barnett has put on programs for residents at the nursing and rehabilitation center where he works.
Barnett said he hopes the benefit can help out the longtime church.
“I have been concerned about the upkeep of the church and whether or not it will be able to keep the doors open at least for the length of time that the existing membership continues to be able to attend,” he said.”
More like this story
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row