Care Council chooses funding recipients
The Basehor Care Council has chosen this year’s recipients of $15,000 of funding for local non-profit organizations.
The mayor selects the volunteer members of the Care Council, which is tasked with choosing recipients based on a groups’ ability to positively impact Basehor.
This year’s volunteer board included Ed Bush, David Howard, Blake Waters, Diana Weaver and Lila White.
Care Council’s funding comes from the city’s 2013 operating budget.
This year’s recipients are:
Basehor Chamber of Commerce, $2,000; Basehor Dairy Days, $3,500; Basehor Historical Museum Society, $2,000; Basehor PRIDE, $3,500; Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services, $2,000; and Bob Wiley Memorial VFW, $2,000.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Elementary nurse Tammy Dooley
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Basehor-Linwood girls fall to Piper in sub-state
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Bonner's Zumba classes create fitness 'family'