Escaped inmate detained
An inmate who escaped from Leavenworth County Jail on Saturday has been detained.
Leavenworth County Undersheriff Ron Cranor said Monday morning Raheem Keron Armstead, 29, was taken into custody. Further details have not yet been released.
Armstead escaped the jail about 1 p.m. Saturday after bolting from the escorting officer while removing trash to the outside dumpster.
Armstead was arrested and booked June 26 into the Leavenworth County Jail on various felony drug charges. He was being held pending additional drug-related charges and non-payment of child support.
More like this story
- Man who escaped from Leavenworth County Jail pleads guilty to aggravated escape
- Leavenworth escapee pleads guilty to aggravated escape
- Escaped Kansas inmate apprehended in KCMO
- Lansing Correctional Facility escapee caught in Gardner area
- Lansing inmate pleads guilty to federal charge related to 2006 escape