Leavenworth County Sheriff Zoellner not seeking re-election; Capt. Dedeke files for seat
A longtime member of the Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office looks to replace another longtime member of the department in its top position.
Leavenworth County Sheriff Dave Zoellner is not planning to run for a third term, but Capt. Andy Dedeke, who has worked in the department for 20 years, plans to run for the position. He filed Wednesday, County Clerk Janet Klasinski confirmed Thursday.
Dedeke, 41, started with the department in 1992 as a deputy in the jail division.
The captain said that Zoellner is "supportive of me running."
Zoellner has worked in the department for 43 years.
— For more on this story, check back at tonganoxiemirror.com. And, for more updates of local news, follow us at twitter.com/tonganoxie and "like" us at facebook.com/TonganoxieMirror.
More like this story
- Leavenworth County Sheriff Zoellner not seeking third term; Capt. Dedeke files for seat
- PUTTING THE BADGE DOWN: Zoellner retires after 44 years at sheriff's office
- Tonganoxie council member, former administrator facing off in Leavenworth County Commission race
- Candidate questionnaire: Burdel Welsh
- Sheriff's officer files for top job