Basehor-Linwood boys, girls split doubleheader
The Basehor-Linwood girls basketball team hit a speed bump against Piper, falling 28-20 at home Friday.
The loss dropped the Bobcats to 7-8 overall and 5-5 in the Kaw Valley League.
Meanwhile, the boys continued their run of blowout victories, besting Piper 70-39 for the team's fourth consecutive victory. During that stretch, the Bobcats (13-3, 9-1) have held opponents to 39 points on three occasions. The other game was an 85-60 victory against Turner on Feb. 3.
Both teams will next host Mill Valley High School on Tuesday, with the girls game tipping off at 6 p.m. and the boys at 7:30 p.m. Follow @basehorinfo and #BasehorSports for updates, and look for more online.
More like this story
- Basehor, Bonner locations available for prescription safe disposal
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Basehor library offers book sale, flu shots