Bonner Springs swimmers bound for state
The Bonner Springs boys swimming team placed sixth at the Inter-League Championship meet last week.
State boys swim and dive schedule
For a schedule of this weekend's state boys swimming and diving meet, visit KSHSAA.org. Look for updates from the meet on bonnersprings.com.
The relay team of Ethan Hook, Ryan Cook, Nate Mitchell and Blaine Edmonsdon finished fourth across the board in the 200-yard medley, 200-yard freestyle and 400-yard freestyle events.
Edmondson also highlighted the team’s individual performances with a second-place finish in the 500-yard freestyle, beating his previous best score by 12 seconds.
Additionally, Hook placed seventh in the 100-yard backstroke and Cook captured eighth with a season-best finish in the 50-yard freestyle medley. Also in the 50-yard freestyle medley, Reed Dougherty finished 10th with a season best. The team competes in the state championship meet on Friday and Saturday at the Hummer Sports Complex, 2751 SW E. Circle Dr. South, Topeka 66606.
For more information on the meet’s schedule, visit bonnersprings.com.
More like this story
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- League Champs: Bobcats clinch Kaw Valley title
- Face to Face: Moon Marble's Ben Breslow
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club