Council reviews city procedures
The Bonner Springs City Council Monday reviewed city procedures in a workshop prior to its regular meeting Monday.
Jack Helin, city manager, made a presentation on Planning & Development and Marcia Harrington, community and economic development director, made a presentation on Economic Development Growth strategies.
In another workshop, Police Chief John Haley discussed new procedures to deal with stray animals. The city is now working with Bonner Springs Animal Rescue to deal with unclaimed animals and strays.
During the regular meeting, Mayor Clausie Smith was scheduled to present a proclamation to observe Black History Month in the City. However, at the recipient’s request, Smith will present the proclamation during a Black History Month program on Saturday afternoon.
In other action, the council:
• Reappointed Rodger Shannon as an alternate to the MARC Total Transportation Committee.
• Held a 10-minute executive session to discuss personnel issues, with no action taken.
• Approved the minutes of the January 23 meeting.
• Approved supplemental claims for city operation in the amount of $334,855.78 and regular claims in the amount of $182,537.17.
• Approved Public Housing Authority claims in the amount of $15,381.11.
More like this story
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Attitudes slowly changing as awareness of mental health issues increases
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere