Basehor man, 21, injured in single-car accident
A 21-year-old Basehor man was in good condition at a local hospital Monday, five days after he lost control of his car and had to be extricated after striking a tree about four miles northeast of Basehor, according to a report from the Kansas Highway Patrol.
The report indicated the man, Donald W. Rhodelander, received serious injuries and was taken by ambulance to KU Hospital.
The crash occurred at about 9:40 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 4, in the 14800 block of Hollingsworth Road, where Rhodelander was driving a 1999 Chrysler Sebring too fast for the conditions, according to the report.
The car entered a ditch, vaulted over a driveway and struck a tree head-on, the report said.
Rhodelander was not wearing a safety belt, the report said.
A KU Hospital spokeswoman said Monday morning that Rhodelander remained a patient there and was in good condition.
More like this story
- Final Harvest: Bush Farm prepares for last day
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Kansas City Connection: New Year’s options and a last-minute gift guide
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears