Changes made to obituary policy
When you pick up a paper this week, you may notice that this week’s obituaries look a bit different than usual. That’s because The Chieftain and Sentinel have a new policy for obituaries.
The classified advertising department of The World Company, parent company of The Chieftain and Sentinel, is now handling obituaries.
As a service to the community, the newspaper will publish obituaries free of charge for the first one-and-a-half column inches. Charges apply for additional column inches and photos.
For more information, call the Lawrence Journal-World at (800) 578-8748. Ask for “obituaries.”
Obituaries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (785) 832-7232. Deadline is 10 a.m. the Wednesday before publication.
Also as a service to the community, obituaries that appear in the newspaper will be published free of charge online at obituaries.ljworld.com.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education