Man accused of threatening Tonganoxie principal appears in court
A 51-year-old rural Tonganoxie man who allegedly threatened the Tonganoxie High School principal in December at the school had his first appearance Wednesday in Leavenworth County District Court.
Phillip L. Smith faces charges of criminal threat of THS principal Jamie Carlisle, as well as disorderly conduct. The incident occurred about 10 a.m. Dec. 5 at the high school. According to Leavenworth County sheriff’s reports, Smith had gone to the school to address issues of bullying against his daughter.
He allegedly kicked open the door to Carlisle’s office. When Carlisle indicated he was going to contact authorities, the man said, “I may not take care of it here but, by God, I will take care of it somewhere,” the report said.
Smith’s next court appearance is 9 a.m. Feb. 1.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station