BSHS’ Hook has career day in backstroke
The Bonner Springs boys swimming team finished third at Tuesday's Leavenworth Invitational.
Overall, the team had six top-10 finishes in relay events and four top-five finishes in individual events, highlighted by Ethan Hook's first-place performance in the 100-yard backstroke.
Jacob Kraus, Ryan Cook, Blaine Edmondson and Hook finished second in the 200-yard medley relay. In the 200-yard free relay, Nate Mitchell, Hook, Cook and Edmondson finished first.
That same team went on to take first place in the 400-yard free event.
Edmondson and Cook each also earned second place in individual events. In taking second in the 100-yard fly with 1:03.69 — just 0:00.30 behind first place — Edmondson set a new personal record with his 1:15.78 finish in the 100-yard breaststroke.
Hook's 1:13.90 backstroke knocked 10 seconds off his previous best times.
Bonner Springs edged Leavenworth High School by just two points (114 to 112) for third place with 234 points and Olathe North High School came in second with 147.
The boys will next compete at 1 p.m. Saturday at Blue Valley Southwest.
More like this story
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules
- Basehor-Linwood girls take second at Piper