Linwood Elementary chili cook-off scheduled for Jan. 27
The Linwood Elementary School Parent-Teacher Club will play host to its seventh annual Chili Cook-off and Supper next week.
The event will take place from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 27, in the multipurpose room at LES, 215 Park St. in Linwood.
Admission is $5 for adults, $2 for children and students or free for children younger than 3. The price includes samples of the chili cook-off entries. Dessert items will also be available for $1 each.
The entry fee for the chili cook-off is $10, and the contest is limited to 10 contestants. The top three finishers will receive cash prizes.
Prize baskets and gift certificates will be available in a raffle, and raffle tickets will cost $1 each or $5 for six tickets.
The event will raise funds for PTC events and activities.
Contact Missy Smith at (913) 219-4361 to enter the chili contest, donate items or services for the raffle or contribute individually wrapped desserts. Raffle donations are due Friday, Jan. 20.
More like this story
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers