WATCH LIVE: Bonner Springs boys to play Baldwin in tournament final
A showdown with tournament hosts Baldwin High (8-2) is in the cards for Bonner Springs boys basketball Saturday after it defeated Bishop Ward 62-46 Friday.
The Braves (7-3) relied on a big first half performance to separate themselves from Bishop Ward. They outscored the team 19-7 in the first quarter and 16-9 in the second.
By midway through the third quarter, the Braves had built a 51-20 lead that allowed coach Andy Price to rest his starters for the game’s final 10 minutes.
“The boys had some good moments of unselfish passing and hot shooting combined with stingy defense to build the big lead,” coach Andy Price said.
Brett Steuart and Stevie Williams led the Braves in scoring with 14 and 13 points, respectively. Jourdaine Smallwood knocked down two three-point shots and added eight points.
Baldwin advanced past Augusta in Friday’s other semifinal contest, 56-55, after overcoming a third quarter in which it was outscored 23-14. Baldwin’s Caleb Gaylord led the way with 12 points. The Braves will also want to keep an eye on Chad Berg, who nailed three three-poiinters in the game. Cornell Brown also added nine points.
More like this story
- Both BSHS boys, girls hoops leave Bishop Ward victorious
- Bonner Spring earns Baldwin Invitational title with 47-32 win
- BSHS boys dominated at Mill Valley, 71-41, on Tuesday
- Bonner Springs boys determined to send Price off on winning note
- Deegan, Jackson come up big for BSHS girls, boys downed at Lansing