‘Green Jobs’ grant awarded to KCKCC
The Mid-America Regional Council has awarded a $161,000 Green Jobs Grant to Kansas City Kansas Community College.
The grant will create a Construction Green-Up program to find employment for 22 individuals in the Kansas City area. Created with KCKCC’s Technical Education Center, MARC awarded the grant through EnergyWorks KC and the federal American Reinvestment and Recovery Act.
The five-week program will equip participants with green construction knowledge and skills. Graduates qualify for a number of certifications.
“This program will give unemployed and under-employed individuals with an interest in the construction industry the necessary certificates and skills to find employment and get a competitive edge over others in the field due to the wide range of green construction practices that will be learned,” Rich Piper, director of the KCKCC Technical Education Center, said in a news release.
For more information, contact Jay Matlack at 913-288-7210 or Rich Pier at 913-627-4126.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Moon Marble's Ben Breslow
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Attitudes slowly changing as awareness of mental health issues increases
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education