Driver strikes deer on 24-40 south of Tonganoxie
A Lawrence woman was treated and released from a local hospital this past weekend after a one-car accident south of Tonganoxie involving a deer.
According to a Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office report, Angela Rocha, 34, of Lawrence was driving south on U.S. Highway 24-40 north of Kansas Avenue about 6:10 p.m. Saturday when her car struck a deer. She then lost control and went off the road into a ditch on the west side of the road.
Rocha, complaining of back and neck pain, was transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services, according to the report. A spokeswoman at the hospital said Rocha was treated and released on that same day.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food