Man extricated from car after accident near Linwood
A De Soto man was taken to a local hospital Saturday morning after a one-car accident on Loring Road near Linwood.
Sherman Township firefighters had to extricate Michael Stephens, 58, De Soto, from his vehicle after an accident at about 10:10 a.m. Saturday on Loring Road just east of 170th St., according to a Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office report. The vehicle had turned on its side, the report said.
Stephens was alert and talking with people at the scene when sheriff's deputies arrived soon afterward. He was transported to Kansas University Hospital by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services. A KU Hospital spokeswoman said Monday that there was no record of Stephens as a patient there.
More like this story
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- Quapaw tribe seeks dismissal of lawsuit over casino plans
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Body of missing Bonner Springs man found in Leavenworth County
- Two Basehor men killed in Saturday crash near Eudora