Area churches offer Vacation Bible School next week
Several local churches again have joined together for a Vacation Bible School that begins next week.
The five-day school, themed SonRise National Park, will take place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday, July 15, to Thursday, July 19, at Bonner Springs United Methodist Church, 425 W. Morse Ave. Participants explore nature and learn how faith is an important survival skill.
The school is intended for children who have finished kindergarten through fifth grades; younger children are welcome if accompanied by an adult. Activities include eating snacks, doing crafts, playing games, listening to the Bible story from a local pastor and meeting new friends.
In addition to Bonner Springs United Methodist, participating churches are First Christian Church of Bonner Springs, St. Martin in the Field (Edwardsville), Edwardsville Christian Church and Edwardsville United Methodist Church.
Offerings will benefit Vaughn-Trent Community Services, which provides emergency assistance to residents in the Bonner Springs/Edwardsville school district.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books