UG lists 2013 budget meeting dates
The Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kan., is preparing its 2013 budget and will have a series of public presentations, work sessions and hearings during the month of July.
The first presentation of the proposed budget is set for 5 p.m. Thursday, July 12. Budget work sessions also are planned at 5 p.m. July 16, 19, 23 and 26. A public hearing on the budget is set for 5 p.m. July 30, and the Board of Commissioners is scheduled to adopt the budget at 7 p.m. Aug. 2.
All budget work sessions will be held in the 6th floor training room of City Hall. The July 12 unveiling of the proposed budget and the adoption of the budget on Aug. 2 will take place in the Commission Chambers on the first floor.
Citizens are invited to give their input and opinions by taking the Budget Survey at wycokck.org.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September