K-7 bridge work set to begin Thursday
Work on the Kansas Highway 7 northbound bridge over the Kansas River is set to begin Thursday.
Repair and overlay work will begin on the bridge and will cause varying lane closures on both the north- and southbound bridges through Wednesday, July 25.
Beginning at 6 a.m. Thursday, July 26, northbound K-7 will be shifted to the southbound bridge, allowing one lane of traffic in each direction. Also, the northbound K-7 to K-32 exit ramp will be closed for the duration of the project; traffic will detour at Nettleton and return to K-32 on southbound K-7.
Work includes hinge and joint replacement, abutment repairs and application of a polymer overlay on the bridge deck. The polymer overlay cannot be applied until all other work is completed. If it is not applied by December, the scheduled completion date, the project will suspend for the winter shutdown period and all traffic will return to normal operations during the winter season. The polymer then would be applied in the spring of 2013.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty