Basehor man honored for weight loss
A Basehor man was recognized at a state event earlier this year for losing more than 40 pounds during 2011.
Jerry Hardwick of Basehor won first place in his division in April at the Take Off Pounds Sensibly State Recognition Days in Topeka, for losing 40.25 pounds last year. Hardwick has continued to lose weight this year, according to a TOPS release, and has lost more than 60 pounds total.
The Basehor TOPS chapter meets on Monday evenings at First Baptist Church of Basehor. For information on how to join, go to tops.org or call 316-755-1055. Annual membership fees for TOPS, a nonprofit organization, are $28 plus monthly chapter fees, usually $2 to $5 per month.
More like this story
- BLHS senior noted among incoming Pitt State students
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- BLHS baseball team hungry after regional loss
- Bonner-based interior designer loves to reshape spaces