Basehor man honored for weight loss
A Basehor man was recognized at a state event earlier this year for losing more than 40 pounds during 2011.
Jerry Hardwick of Basehor won first place in his division in April at the Take Off Pounds Sensibly State Recognition Days in Topeka, for losing 40.25 pounds last year. Hardwick has continued to lose weight this year, according to a TOPS release, and has lost more than 60 pounds total.
The Basehor TOPS chapter meets on Monday evenings at First Baptist Church of Basehor. For information on how to join, go to tops.org or call 316-755-1055. Annual membership fees for TOPS, a nonprofit organization, are $28 plus monthly chapter fees, usually $2 to $5 per month.
More like this story
- Sewer rate vote means 40 percent hike for residents
- Basehor-Linwood powerlifters pumped for record-sized home tournament
- Help pick the five biggest Basehor-area stories of 2011
- Basehor mayor reviews city's 2011 accomplishments in annual address
- Sewer district residents make final plea for lower assessments