Humane Society spay-neuter service coming to Basehor
Basehor will be the site of the Leavenworth County Humane Society’s next low-cost spay/neuter transport pickup, Aug. 16 and 17.
Residents can drop off animals to be spayed or neutered Thursday, Aug. 16, at Reece & Nichols Premier Realty, 1106 N. 155th St. in Basehor, and the animals will be returned the next day. The transport is open to all county residents.
Pet dogs and cats will be sterilized, vaccinated and implanted with tracking microchips and can also receive parasite treatment if needed, for a price of $65 for cats and $95 for dogs. Feral cats can be sterilized, vaccinated and treated for parasites for $25. Cats must weigh at least 3 pounds, and dogs must be at least 16 weeks old.
To register, send email to LvnCoHS@live.com or go to lchsinc.org/spay-neuter-registration to sign up online. Residents without Internet access can call (913) 728-2881 and leave a message to register. Registration closes Aug. 13.
The LCHS spay/neuter program, which rotates to a different city in the county each month, has helped sterilize more than 800 pets, preventing the birth of an estimated 4,900 puppies and kittens in Leavenworth County.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Basehor-Linwood softball team sweeps Piper
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Bonner, Basehor split baseball doubleheader