McBride, Ryan Murphy to reunite for KBCA All-Star game
Basehor-Linwood boys basketball coach Mike McBride will get a chance to coach Ryan Murphy one last time.
McBride will coach in the annual Kansas Basketball Coaches Association’s All-Star Game on Aug. 2 at Washburn University in Topeka.
On his team will be Murphy, who alongside his twin brother, Colin, recently graduated from Basehor-Linwood and will play basketball for Division II Emporia State University this year.
The boys all-star game is scheduled to follow the 6:05 p.m. girls game at approximately 8:05 p.m.
Earlier in the day, the all-star game’s players and coaches will be recognized in Washburn Union Room A during a 1:30 p.m. reception.
The Bobcats’ 56-52 victory against Ottawa in March earned the team its second 4A state title under McBride.
The KBCA later recognized both Ryan and Colin Murphy on its first-team 4A All-State team.
McBride also received postseason honors when the Greater Kansas City Basketball Association selected him for the 2012 Eddie Ryan Award, which recognizes the Metro area’s top high school basketball coach.
More like this story
- One more sendoff: McBride coaches Ryan Murphy in KBCA All-Star Game
- Murphy twins commit to play basketball at Emporia State University
- Murphys, Tush named BLHS' top athletes of 2012
- BLHS’s McBride recognized as area’s top hoops coach
- New-look Bobcats prepare for title defense during summer hoops competition