Motorcycle ride to benefit Bonner Animal Rescue
Wagg’n Tails Day Spa, 15630 Pinehurst Drive Ste. 1 in Basehor, will have the first annual Harleys for Hounds motorcycle ride to benefit Bonner Animal Rescue Saturday, July 28.
Bonner Animal Rescue is a small, dedicated group of local residents whose goal is to provide temporary haven and treatment for adoptable cats and dogs, place them in suitable homes, and promote spay/neuter programs to reduce overpopulation.
Participants in the fundraiser are not required to ride a Harley but should have a motorcycle. The first bike out from Wagg’n Tails is at 9 a.m., and the last bike out is 11 a.m. The last bike in at Kobis in Bonner Springs is 4 p.m. A half way stop is set at Slow Ride in Lawrence.
The first 50 bikers receive a free T-shirt. Cost to participate is $25 per bike and $5 per rider for day of registration. Contact the business at (913) 724-3700 or (913) 514-4942.
More like this story
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Hostess plant in Lenexa to reopen