One-vehicle accident near Tonganoxie Water Park leads to power outage
A one-vehicle accident Wednesday near Tonganoxie Water Park led to a power outage.
The accident occurred about 1:25 p.m. Wednesday, Tonganoxie police Chief Jeff Brandau said. Tanner Milton, 16, Tonganoxie, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu south on Pleasant Street when he turned west onto Third Street and lost control of the vehicle. Brandau said it was determined the driver was going too fast to make the turn and struck a Westar Energy pole near the water park.
The water park, as well as some Fourth Street businesses, lost power, but Westar crews were working to restore power late Wednesday afternoon, Brandau said.
The driver suffered minor injuries and did not require medical attention, Brandau said.
More like this story
- Authorities investigating woman's death in northeast Kansas
- Kansas deputies confront nude Oregon man taking pictures
- Police arrest man, 32, after another dies at Edgerton bar
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Body of missing Bonner Springs man found in Leavenworth County