BLHS graduate earns medical degree from KU
A Basehor-Linwood High School graduate received a Doctor of Medicine degree this spring from Kansas University.
Shawn Lillig of Basehor received the degree from the KU School of Medicine on May 12.
Lillig also received a bachelor’s degree from KU, majoring in human biology with a minor in psychology. In July, he will begin training at the University of Missouri-Kansas City Truman Lakewood Residency in the specialty of family medicine. He has accepted a five-year grant from the state of Kansas to practice primary care in a medically underserved region of the state after finishing his residency.
Lillig is the son of Vicki Lillig and the late John Lillig.
More like this story
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- KanCare providers lose millions for 2nd straight year
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Remember When for June 18, 2015