BSHS grads on all-state baseball team
Two recent Bonner Springs graduates were honored by the Kansas Association of Baseball Coaches as selections on the association’s annual all-state team. Shawn Jones was named to the 4A’s all-state first team and Gonzalo Pinchardo was a second-team selection. Jones played centerfielder for the 5-16 Braves this year, batting .439 with 25 hits and 15 runs batted in.
Pinchardo, who was Bonner Springs’ starting catcher, batted .408 with 20 hits and 18 runs batted in. As all-state selections, the two received invites to the 2012 Kansas Association of Baseball Coaches All-Star game on Wednesday at Kansas State University’s Tointon Stadium.
More like this story
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row