Redmond to pitch in MO-KAN
Basehor-Linwood pitcher Brooke Redmond will pitch for the Kansas team in the annual MO-KAN softball doubleheader at 5 p.m. Monday. Redmond was among 14 seniors selected to represent Kansas in the game.
Redmond, who signed a letter of intent to play for Upper Iowa University, ended her Bobcats career with a 23-3 record, pitching complete games in each of her starts, for a team that placed third in the 4A state tournament.
Redmond began the season with a no-hitter against Blue Valley North and finished the year with a 1.01 earned run average and 221 strikeouts (more than nine per game), 29 of which came during the three-game state tournament.
More like this story
- Officials to discuss program for Kansas food aid recipients
- Kansas Senate approves plan to control mental health drugs
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Bonner's Zumba classes create fitness 'family'
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education