Local man arrested after turning gun on police officer
A Bonner Springs man was arrested Monday after pulling a gun on a police officer over a noisy television.
The officer responded to a noise complaint about 3 p.m. in the 100 block of Second Street. When the officer knocked on the apartment door, the resident, Jeffrey Blue, 30, opened the door and pulled an AK-47 rifle on the officer, according to Lt. Rick Schubert.
Blue stepped outside of his apartment with the weapon, and the officer was able to disarm Blue, who was arrested for aggravated assault of a law enforcement officer. According to the Wyandotte County Sheriff’s records, Blue’s bond was set at $100,000, and he posted bail Tuesday.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Midwest economy: state of Kansas report for March
- Appeals court upholds Kansas cap on local school taxes
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers