Neighbor: Dean Dunbar
Dean Dunbar shares a little bit about himself in this week's Neighbor column.
Occupation: Mutual Funds Transfer Agency
Place of birth: Ottawa, Kan.
Family: Spouse: Jeanne, Daughters: Courtney and Anne, 2 son-in-laws, 5 grandsons and 1 granddaughter
Q: When did you move to Bonner Springs, and what brought you here?
A: 1996. I took a job as a financial advisor.
Q: What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A: Flying back seat in a British Royal Air Force Red Arrow aerobatic fighter jet, doing touch-and-go landings and flying low-level through the hills of Scotland.
Q: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A: Go to college and earn a degree.
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
A: I was raised on a family farm, I retired from the U.S. Air Force after 25 years as a KC-135 navigator and my wife of 42 years and I have six wonderful grandkids ages 2 through 7.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A: A Cattle Commission man at the Kansas City Stockyards.
Q: What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A: Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
Song: “Wabash Cannonball”
Food: Hawaiian pizza or anything Italian
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Basehor's 10th annual Dairy Days looking for sunny skies
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Community walk to mark 1-year anniversary of shootings at Jewish sites