Class covers pet First Aid
A Pet First Aid class will be offered Saturday, June 30, at Kansas City Kansas Community College.
An American Red Cross course, it will be held from 9 a.m. to noon in the Community Education Building on the east side of the KCKCC campus, 7250 State Ave. Joe Gilman, an American Red Cross instructor, will provide instructions on the symptoms and care for ailments when an emergency strikes a pet; instructions for creating a pet first aid kit and tips on maintaining a pet’s health and well-being.
The cost of the class is $60. Participants will receive a book and DVD, a student first aid kit for use in class, practice on dog and cat manikins, practical pet health tips and lifetime certification.
Persons may enroll by phone with credit card payment at 913-288-7660; by stopping at the Community Education Building on the east side of the campus; or at kckcc.edu under Continuing Education and Summer 2012 schedule, Community Education/Personal Growth.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly