Court to sentence Edwardsville man for having sexual relations with jail detainee
A county court has found an Edwardsville man guilty of having unlawful sexual relations with a detainee in the Wyandotte County jail.
Wyandotte County District Attorney Jerome A. Gorman Wednesday filed charges of unlawful sexual relations against Robert Saladrigas, 24. The charges state that Saladrigas was employed as a jailer at the Wyandotte County jail and engaged in sexual intercourse with a female who was being detained in the county jail on or about May 11, 2012.
Unlawful sexual relations is a severity level 5 person felony.
Saladrigas appeared in Wyandotte County District Court Wednesday for first appearance, waiving his preliminary hearing and entering a guilty plea. He was found guilty, and a presentence investigation report was ordered.
Sentencing is set for Aug. 17. Saladrigas was booked into the county jail and subsequently released on an own recognizance bond.
More like this story
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Thrills and chills: Organizers expecting bigger, busier Tiblow Days
- Basehor's 10th annual Dairy Days looking for sunny skies
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend
- Basehor Craft Show taking applications for booth registry