Court to sentence Edwardsville man for having sexual relations with jail detainee
A county court has found an Edwardsville man guilty of having unlawful sexual relations with a detainee in the Wyandotte County jail.
Wyandotte County District Attorney Jerome A. Gorman Wednesday filed charges of unlawful sexual relations against Robert Saladrigas, 24. The charges state that Saladrigas was employed as a jailer at the Wyandotte County jail and engaged in sexual intercourse with a female who was being detained in the county jail on or about May 11, 2012.
Unlawful sexual relations is a severity level 5 person felony.
Saladrigas appeared in Wyandotte County District Court Wednesday for first appearance, waiving his preliminary hearing and entering a guilty plea. He was found guilty, and a presentence investigation report was ordered.
Sentencing is set for Aug. 17. Saladrigas was booked into the county jail and subsequently released on an own recognizance bond.
More like this story
- Former sheriff's son headed to prison
- Former Pleasant Ridge teacher sentenced to three years probation for sexual relations with student
- Former Easton teacher sentenced to probation for sexual relations with student
- Linwood man sentenced to life in prison for molesting child
- Former sheriff's son pleads to rape charge