First clues in new park scavenger hunt released
The Bonner Springs Parks and Recreation Department has released the first set of clues for the first-ever Search and Swim Expedition.
Search and Swim Expedition is a free scavenger hunt in which participants use weekly clues to discover the location of hole-punches hidden in city parks.
There are four parks and four clues for each park. Those wishing to participate can pick up a “punch card” at the Community Center, 200 E. Third St., Bonner Springs. Once the card has been completed and turned in, participants will be entered into a drawing for a 10-punch pass to the Aquatic Park.
This week’s clues are as follows:
• Centennial Park: The hole punch, you will see, is not by the Mayor’s Christmas Tree.
• North Park: This hole punch won’t be by the pool, so head to where it is shaded and cool.
• South Park: The hole punch won’t be by the horseshoe pit, because it might get hit.
• Lion’s Park: If you look for this hole puncher by the gazebo, your chances of finding it are zero.
Once a participant finds all the locations and has their card completely punched, they turn the card into the recreation office located in the Community Center. Clues for each park also are available at bonnersprings.org.
For more information, contact the Community Center at 913-422-7010.
More like this story
- Kansas education's new vision focuses on nonacademic skills
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future
- Renovations at Kansas Aviation Museum nearly complete
- Fairmount Township Fire Department adds full-time administrator
- Mini Maestro: Edwardsville student's composition tops in competition