Leavenworth County Republican Women offering chance to meet candidates
The Leavenworth County Republican Women’s Club will have a meet-and-greet featuring area election candidates in Basehor on Saturday, July 7.
The event will be from 10 to 11 a.m. July 7 at the Basehor Community Library, 1400 158th St. in Basehor. The event is designed to allow voters to get to know candidates for Republican primary elections Aug. 7, and it is open to the public.
Rep. Anthony Brown of Eudora, who is running for the 3rd District state Senate seat, and Rep. Connie O’Brien of Tonganoxie, seeking re-election from the 42nd District, are expected to attend, said Juanell Garrett, publicity chair for the group.
For more information, contact Barb Paulus at 913-526-0896.
More like this story
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education