Rollover accident Thursday morning
A rollover accident Thursday morning sent a rural Leavenworth County woman to an area hospital.
Cheryl D. Farris, 42, told officers she was driving her 2000 Ford Windstar van north on Tonganoxie Road near 171st Street when her van started to slide, The accident happened about 7 a.m.
Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office reports said. The van crossed the road, entered the ditch and rolled several times. At the time of the accident, the road was wet and had sleet and snow on it, reports said. The one-vehicle wreck occurred about 3 miles southwest of Leavenworth.
When an officer arrived, he found Farris walking around. She was taken by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services to St. John Hospital in Leavenworth. A hospital spokesperson said Thursday morning Farris was not listed as a patient.
The driver was wearing a seatbelt, reports said.
Leavenworth County Fire District 1 also was on scene.
More like this story
- Basehor 17-year-old in serious condition after accident Friday
- Driver declines hospital visit after rollover on U.S. 24-40 near Basehor
- Kansas City, Kan., man dies in rollover accident south of Tonganoxie
- Sheriff treated and released from hospital after accident
- Tonganoxie woman injured in early-morning accident on I-435 in Shawnee