Rural Tonganoxie home destroyed by Wednesday night fire
A rural Tonganoxie home was destroyed by fire Wednesday night.
The fire was reported about 10:15 p.m. at the home of Jarret W. Pruitt, 19722 219th St., according to Leavenworth County Sheriff’s office reports.
The blaze started in the flue and spread quickly, reports said. No one was reported injured, but the home, which is about a mile north of Tonganoxie, was a total loss.
Tonganoxie, Stranger and Fairmount township fire departments, the Tonganoxie City Fire Department, and the American Red Cross responded, reports said.
More like this story
- Fire destroys rural Tonganoxie home
- Rural Tonganoxie home victim to Friday morning fire
- Firefighters tend to rural building, grass fires Saturday in Tonganoxie area
- Tonganoxie man in serious condition at area hospital after accidentally shooting himself while firing handgun in backyard
- Fire department responds to barn fire southwest of Bonner