Bobcats, Braves well-represented on All-KVL basketball teams
Eleven area athletes were named to — or received honorable mentions on — the Kaw Valley League’s 2012 boys and girls All-League teams.
Four Basehor-Linwood boys represent the recently-crowned state champions on the boys team, and two girls also received All-League honors.
Bonner Springs, which finished fourth at the 4A state girls tournament, saw three girls named to the All-League team while two boys from the 16-6 sub-state runners-up.
For the Bobcats, seniors Colin and Ryan Murphy and junior Ben Johnson were named to the All-League team, and sophomore Chase Younger was recognized with an honorable mention.
On the girls All-League team, senior Bailey Hooker and junior Jamie Johnson each were voted to the All-League team.
Bonner Springs senior Yessenia Hernandez and junior Anna Deegan were also All-League selections, while senior Erica Wilson received an honorable mention.
Rounding out Bonner Springs’ basketball accolades, seniors B.J. Watson and Stevie Williams were recognized as All-League selections on the boys team.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: In the market for meat
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Basehor-based Rodeo Mexican Restaurant focuses on service, fresh food
- Face to Face: Basehor-Linwood High coach Ross Schwisow